Formalities to start a PhD
Register to a PhD Programme
Preparing your doctoral application:
- Fill out the application form and submit it to the College:
- Complete the administrative procedures for registration using the "Doctoral College Authorization" document.
- Go to the MyULiege portal and enter the information concerning your research (research field, keywords...) in your doctoral student file.
Follow-up and supervision of the doctorate
- Constitution of the thesis committee using the form to be sent to the Doctoral College. Form for the constitution of a thesis committee.
- Encoding of the activities of the doctoral training in myULiège following the doctoral training faculty outline.
- Follow-up template for the Faculty of Science thesis committees. PDF - WORD
On the myULiège doctoral student portal
- Submission of the annual research progress report to the thesis committee.
- At the end of the thesis, the thesis committee gives its approval for the submission of the doctoral thesis.
- Validation of the successful completion of the doctoral program by the President of the College.
- Constitution of the Doctoral Jury. The doctoral jury must be set up in the Faculty at least one month before the scheduled defense date. Doctoral jury constitution form (to be sent to the College).
- Submission of the thesis to the members of the jury and the apparitorate according to the procedures described in the regulations of your college.
- Transmission of the information concerning the date, time, place of the defense to the apparitorate at the time of the deposit of the thesis.
The rules may have specificities (constitution of the PhD Jury, handing over of the thesis to the members of the jury...) depending on the college of doctorate, consult the internal rules of your college !